I am a licensed clinical psychologist and certified forensic evaluator in Oregon. In my private practice work (Burke Forensic Evaluation Services), I provide forensic evaluations and consultation for adult clients to assist triers of fact using evidence-based evaluation procedures. I strive to answer referral questions with clarity and integrity. In my clinical work at the Oregon State Hospital I am passionate about helping clients with serious mental illness and personality disorders find hope, learn skills for building a life of meaning, and actively engage in the recovery journey. I especially enjoy utilizing evidence-based practice in the assessment of risk for violence, suicide, and sexual offending as well as treatment with clients who struggle with problems due to emotional dysregulation, such as those with Borderline Personality Disorder.
In my private practice, evaluations of adults are completed for attorneys, courts, and other referring agencies.
In my clinical work, I am only available to work with clients residing at Oregon State Hospital in Junction City.
License: Licensed Psychologist: Oregon 1939
Certification: Certified Forensic Evaluator
Forensic evaluations including:
- Criminal responsibility
- Competency to stand trial (Aid and assist)
- Mental state at the time of the offense
- Risk assessment (violence and suicide)
- Psychosexual evaluations of adult males
- Psychopathy and other personality disorders
- Assessment of psychopathy and other personality disorders
- Sentencing: aggravating and mitigating factors
- Mental health diagnosis and treatment recommendations
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.